WHAT IS THE FORMULA TO ACHIEVE SOCIAL MEDIA ENGAGEMENT?
Before we go into the subject, we have to understand what engagement means in a social media context. Engagement simply means getting your fans to do something in response to your post.
• Click to open picture
• Click on Link
These are all forms of engagement. Summarizing, social media engagement measures the public shares, likes and comments for an online business. Engagement has historically been a common metric for evaluating social media performance but doesn't necessarily translate to sales.
While shares and likes tell you about the popularity of a given post, follows indicate a higher level of investment, meaning users want to see more of your content on a regular basis. Follows are therefore a type of conversion, similar to getting a visitor to sign up for an e-mail list.
So, what are the best practices for engaging users?
1. Post engaging and entertaining content. The kind of content that Keep your brand at the top of people’s mind.
2. Use images. Images greatly increase interaction rates for all social media platforms.
3. Be personal, show the audience that there are real people behind the brand.
4. Listen and engage in real interactions, our favorite. Engagement is a two-way street. Hear what people are saying about your brand and respond to critiques in a constructive and positive way.
A two-conversation is a dialogue, where brands speak and listen to their audience, responding directly to their wants and needs.
To develop get the two-way conversation going, look at what’s already going on around your brand on social media:
• Respond to comments
• Answer questions
• Address complaints
Just don’t let a week pass before engaging with those people. Unfortunately, in this fast pace world, you may no longer be on their mind. You don't want to miss the opportunity to develop a lasting relationship with your consumers or prospects.
5. Monitor and track. There are several free social media marketing apps which track shares, re-tweets, likes and keywords associated with your brand.
Why do you want people to use certain hashtag? It’s all about tracking.
Success requires careful and conscious effort.